Description: Primary responsibilities include scanning of science, medical and media literature, indexing the scanned material into searchable internal database.
Time Commitment: Flexible and ongoing. This position requires the volunteer to travel to our office located at 407-H Church St, Vienna, VA 22180.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The individual scans documents with scanner provided
- Converts and saves documents into the computer files
- Identifies the basic information about scanned document and categories in boxes in the indexing software
- Enters information about the scanned document into the database, using categorized drop down boxes
- Computer and keyboarding/typing skills;
- Fluency in English grammar;
- Basic knowledge of major diseases and vaccines;
- Ability to transcribe medical, scientific and media information;
- Attention to details , focus and concentration;
- High school diploma or the GED equivalency;