Text Size:

FAQ's About an Attorney Directory, Specializing in Vaccine Law & Injury Compensation

Attorneys Directory

Q: Can NVIC help me find an attorney specializing in vaccine laws and exemptions?

A: There are a number of attorneys and law firms specializing in bringing vaccine injury claims before the U.S. Court of Claims under the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act's Vaccine Injury Compensation Program. However, it is difficult to find a lawyer who will assist parents in filing or defending a medical, religious or conscientious belief exemption to state vaccine laws.

The federal Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) no longer provides a list of attorneys that handle vaccine injury claims on their website. However, the VICP will furnish an attorney list, if requested. To obtain this list, contact Clerk, U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 717 Madison Place, N.W., Washington, DC 20005, or call (202) 357-6400. The VICP also states that this information may be available from state and/or local bar associations.

When deciding on legal representation, consider the experience, success and whether or not the attorney is recognized by the VICP. If you are unsuccessful finding an attorney to represent you, you could also try the vaccine injury clinic at George Washington University – please note that students serve as the attorney (with supervision).

Make a Difference

NVIC is 100% funded by donations. Please give. Help educate families about preventing vaccine injury and death by donating to NVIC today.

Ask Questions
Vaccine doses banner