Selected NVIC Statements & Commentaries Related to Measles or Measles Vaccine
IMPORTANT NOTE: NVIC encourages you to become fully informed about Measles and the Measles vaccine by reading all sections in the Table of Contents , which contain many links and resources such as the manufacturer product information inserts, and to speak with one or more trusted health care professionals before making a vaccination decision for yourself or your child. This information is for educational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice.
- NVIC Referenced Commentary. CDC Wants to Expand Power to Eliminate Measles: What You Need to Know and Do Now Sept. 12, 2016.
- NVIC Referenced Commentary. Measles in Disneyland: Third MMR Shot, Vaccine Exemption Ban? Jan. 28, 2015.
- NVIC Referenced Commentary. Measles Reports in America: What Does It Mean? Sept. 23, 2014
- The Emerging Risks of Live Virus and Virus Vectored Vaccines: Vaccine Strain Infection, Shedding and Transmission. November 2014.
- NVIC Referenced Commentary. Remove Vaccine Safety Oversight from DHHS. Sept. 1, 2014.
- NVIC Press Release: National Vaccine Information Center Supports Three of Five Recommendations of New IOM Report on U.S. Child Immunization Safety and Calls for Transparency. Jan. 16, 2013. (Also see 2013 IOM published report, The Childhood Immunization Schedule and Safety: Review of Scientific Findings. Pgs. 75-98).
- Statement of the National Vaccine Information Center on the Institute of Medicine Report “Adverse Effects of Childhood Vaccines: Evidence and Causality.” Aug. 25, 2011. (Also see published IOM report, Adverse Effects of Childhood Vaccines: Evidence and Causality: Measles, Mumps and Rubella Vaccine. Pgs. 103-238.)
« Return to Measles Table of Contents
« Return to Vaccines & Diseases Table of Contents
Copyright 1982-2017 National Vaccine Information Center. All Rights Reserved.
21525 Ridgetop Circle, Suite 100 Sterling, VA 20166