Bibliography and Resource Links
- Biondi A , Aligne A.C, Flu Vaccine for All: A Critical Look at the Evidence. Medscape Pediatrics, Dec. 21, 2015.
- Osterholm M, Kelley N, Sommer A, Belongia E, Efficacy and Effectiveness of Influenza Vaccines: a Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis, The Lancet Infectious Diseases, Early Online Publication, 26 October 2011, doi:10.1016/S1473-3099(11)70295-X.
- Enstone J. 2010. Influenza transmission and related infection control issues. Introduction to Pandemic Influenza (pp. 57-72). CABI.
- Demicheli V, Jefferson T, Ferroni E, Rivetti A, Di Pietrantonj C Vaccines for preventing influenza in healthy adults. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews Feb. 1, 2018
- Freed GL, Clark SJ. 2010. Parental Vaccine Safety Concerns in 2009. Pediatrics.
- Jefferson T., Debalini MG et al. 2009. Relation of study quality, concordance, take home message, funding, and impact in studies of influenza vaccines; systematic review. British Medical Journal.
- Aledort TE, Lurie N et al. 2007. Non-pharmaceutical public health interventions for pandemic influenza: an evaluation of the evidence base. BMC Public Health.
- Jefferson T. 2006. Influenza vaccination: policy versus evidence. British Medical Journal.
- King WD, Woolhandler SJ et al. 2006. Influenza Vaccination and Health Care Workers in the U.S. Journal of General Internal Medicine.
- Simonsen L., Clarke MJ et al. 1998. Pandemic versus Epidemic Influenza Mortality: A Pattern of Changing Age Distribution. Journal of Infectious Diseases.
IMPORTANT NOTE:NVIC encourages you to become fully informed about Influenza and the Influenza vaccine by reading all sections in the Table of Contents, which contain many links and resources such as the manufacturer product information inserts, and to speak with one or more trusted health care professionals before making a vaccination decision for yourself or your child. This information is for educational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice.
« Return to Vaccines & Diseases Table of Contents