Selected Medical Literature & Resource Links
- Waaijenborg S., Hahne SJM, Mollema L et al. Waning of Maternal Antibodies Against Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella in Communities with Contrasting Vaccination Coverage. J Infect Dis 2013; 208(7).
- Hinman AR, Orenstein WA Schuchat A.. Vaccine Preventable Diseases, Immunization and MMWR 1961-2011. MMWR 2011; 60(04): 49-57
- Cairns LK, Nandy R, Grais RF. Challenges in Measuring Measles-Case Fatality Ratios in Settings Without Viral Registration. Emerging Themes in Epidemiology 2010: 7(4).
- Antona D, Levy-Bruhl D, Boudon R et al. Measles Elimination Efforts and 2008-2011 Outbreak, France. Emerg Infect Dis 2013; 19(3): 357-364.
- Melkie J. Rise in mumps cases linked to waning immunity given by MMR vaccine. The Guardian Jul 4, 2013.
- Sauve LJ, Scheifele D. Do Childhood Vaccines Cause Thrombocytopenia? Paediatr Child Health 2009; 14(1): 31-32
- Thomas H. Roberts & Associations P.C. Civil Rights & Personal Injury Law Firm. Parental Right to Refuse Medical Treatment. June 17, 2005.
- Wayse V, Yousafzai A, Mogale K and Filteau S. Association of Subclinical Vitamin D Deficiency with Severe Acute Lower Respiratory Infection in Indian Children Under 5 Years. EJCN (2004) 58, 563-567.
- Mossong J and Muller CP. Modelling Measles Re-Emergence as a Result of Waning of Immunity in Vaccinated Populations. Vaccine. Nov. 7, 2003. Vol 21, Issue 31, pp 4597-4603.
- Klicka C. Decisions of the United States Supreme Court Upholding Parental Rights as “Fundamental”. Home School Legal Defense Association. Oct. 27, 2003.
- Bjornstad ON, Finkenstadt BF, Grenfell BT. Dynamics of Measles Epidemics: Estimating Scaling of Transmission Rates Using a Time Series SIR Model. Ecological Monographs. 72(2), 2002. Pp 169-184.
- Aaby P, Cisse B, Simondon F, et al. Waning of Vaccine-Induced Immunity: Is It a Problem in Africa? Am J Epidemiol Vol. 149, No. 4, 1999.
- Whittle HC, Aaby P, Samb B, et al. Effect of Subclinical Infection on Maintaining Immunity Against Measles in Vaccinated Children in West Africa. The Lancet. Jan. 9, 1999. Vol 353, Issue 9147, pp 98-102.
- Davidkin I, Valle M, Peltola H, et al. Etiology of Measles- and Rubella-Like Illnesses in Measles, Mumps, and Rubella-Vaccinated Children. J Infect Dis 1998; 178(6): 1567-1570.
- Shaheen SO, Barker DJP, Heyes CB, et al. Measles and Atopy in Guinea-Bissau. The Lancet. June 1996. Vol 347, Issue 9018, pp 1792-1796.
- Harbige L. Nutrition and Immunity with Emphasis on Infection and Autoimmune Disease. Nutrition and Health. Vol 10. No 4. Jan 1996.
- Grose C., Spigland I. Guillain-Barre Syndrome Following Administration of Live Measles Vaccine. American Journal of Medicine 1976; 60: 441-443.
Food & Drug Administration (FDA)
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
Vaccine Injury Compensation Program
- Press & Sun Bulletin. Thousands of N.Y. children lack immunization. February 7, 2015.
- Public News Service. Measles Outbreak Stirs Controversy Over Vaccinations. February 6, 2015.
- Associated Press. Debate over vaccine requirements forges strange alliance. February 6, 2015.
- Newsmax TV. Debate on America's Forum with Barbara Loe Fisher, Nick Tate, Ellis Henican on vaccine choice. February 6, 2015.
- News with Views. Media Bias Rears Ugly Head in Vaccine Controversy. February 5, 2015.
- World Net Daily. The Real Culprit in Measles Outbreak. February 5, 2015.
- Accuracy in Media. Can You Handle the Truth About Vaccines? February 4, 2015.
- Daily Caller. Remember When Liberal Comedian Bill Maher Was Anti-Vaccine? [VIDEO]. February 4, 2015.
- Houston Chronicle. Amid measles outbreaks, non-vaccination movement grows. February 4, 2015.
- Bloomberg Business. A Way Out of the Vaccine Wars: Parents who refuse to vaccinate their kids against diseases like measles put others at risk. But shaming them isn’t the answer. February 4, 2015.
- Bloomberg Business. California's Democratic Senators Want to End Most Vaccine Exemptions. February 4, 2015.
- Sacramento Bee. California bill would require more vaccinations. February 4, 2015.
- Denver Post. Colorado kindergartners have lowest measles vaccination rate in the nation. February 3, 2015.
- Forbes. Sears and Gordon: Should Misleading Vaccine Advice Have Professional Consequences?. February 3, 2015.
- Sciencenews.org. Measles Outbreak Traced to Fully Vaccinated Patient for First Time. April 11, 2014.
- IRINNews.org. Yemen: Surge in Measles Deaths. March 5, 2012.
- Nagarajan R. 26 Measles Vaccine Deaths in 3 Years, No Investigative Report Yet. The Times of India May 1, 2011.
- Mercola J. Girls Given this Vitamin at Birth May Be 41 Percent More Likely to Die. May 26, 2011.
- Mercola J. Twins Die Minutes after Measles Vaccine. Oct. 13, 2010.
IMPORTANT NOTE: NVIC encourages you to become fully informed about Measles and the Measles vaccine by reading all sections in the Table of Contents, which contain many links and resources such as the manufacturer product information inserts, and to speak with one or more trusted health care professionals before making a vaccination decision for yourself or your child. This information is for educational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice.
« Return to Vaccines & Diseases Table of Contents