Selected Medical Literature & Resource Links
- Roy F, Mendoza L, Hiebert J et al. Rapid Identification of Measles Virus Vaccine Genotype by Real-Time PCR. J Clin Microbiol. 2017 Mar;55(3):735-743.
- De Giacinto C, Guaglione E, Leon PE Unilateral Optic Neuritis: A Rare Complication after Measles-Mumps-Rubella Vaccination in a 30-Year-Old Woman. Case Rep Ophthalmol Med. 2016;2016:8740264
- Ma SJ, Xiong YQ, Jiang LN et al. Risk of febrile seizure after measles-mumps-rubella-varicella vaccine: A systematic review and meta-analysis. 2015 Jul 17;33(31):3636-49
- Deisher TA, Doan NV, Koyama K et al. Epidemiologic and Molecular Relationship Between Vaccine Manufacture and Autism Spectrum Disorder Prevalence. Issues Law Med. 2015 Spring;30(1):47-70.
- MacDonald SE, Dover DC, Simmonds KA, et al. Risk of febrile seizures after first dose of measles–mumps–rubella–varicella vaccine: a population-based cohort study. 2014 Aug 5; 186(11): 824–829.
- Waaijenborg S, Hahné SJ, Mollema L et al. Waning of maternal antibodies against measles, mumps, rubella, and varicella in communities with contrasting vaccination coverage. J Infect Dis. 2013 Jul;208(1):10-6
- Antona D, Levy-Bruhl D, Boudon R et al. Measles Elimination Efforts and 2008-2011 Outbreak, France. Emerg Infect Dis 2013; 19(3): 357-364.
- Demicheli V, Rivetti A, Debalini MG et al. Vaccines for measles, mumps and rubella in children. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012 Feb 15;(2):CD004407
- O'Leary ST, Glanz JM, McClure DL et al. The risk of immune thrombocytopenic purpura after vaccination in children and adolescents. 2012 Feb;129(2):248-55
- Melenotte C, Brouqui P, Botelho-Nevers E. Severe Measles, Vitamin A Deficiency, and the Roma Community in Europe. Emerg Infect Dis. 2012;18(9):1537-1538
- Hinman AR, Orenstein WA Schuchat A.. Vaccine Preventable Diseases, Immunization and MMWR 1961-2011. MMWR 2011; 60(04): 49-57
- Cairns LK, Nandy R, Grais RF. Challenges in Measuring Measles-Case Fatality Ratios in Settings Without Viral Registration. Emerg Themes Epidemiol 2010: 7(4)
- Wood JG, Gidding HF, Heywood A, et al. Potential Impacts of Schedule Changes, Waning Immunity and Vaccine Uptake on Measles Elimination in Australia. Vaccine. Jan. 7, 2009. 27(2) 313-318
- Sauve LJ, Scheifele D. Do Childhood Vaccines Cause Thrombocytopenia? Paediatr Child Health. 2009 Jan; 14(1): 31–32.
- Moradian, S, Ahmadieh, H Early Onset Optic Neuritis Following Measles-Rubella Vaccination J Ophthalmic Vis Res. 2008 Apr; 3(2): 118–122.
- Asatryan A, Pool V, Chen RT, et al. Live attenuated measles and mumps viral strain-containing vaccines and hearing loss: Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), United States, 1990--2003. 2008 Feb 26;26(9):1166-72
- Poling JS, Frye RE, Shoffner J, et al. Developmental Regression and Mitochondrial Dysfunction in a Child With Autism J Child Neurol. 2006 Feb; 21(2): 170–172.
- Vestergaard M, Hviid A, Madsen KM, et al. MMR vaccination and febrile seizures: evaluation of susceptible subgroups and long-term prognosis. 2004 Jul 21;292(3):351-7.
- Wayse V, Yousafzai A, Mogale K and Filteau S. Association of Subclinical Vitamin D Deficiency with Severe Acute Lower Respiratory Infection in Indian Children Under 5 Years. EJCN 2004; 58, 563-567.
- Mossong J and Muller CP. Modelling Measles Re-Emergence as a Result of Waning of Immunity in Vaccinated Populations. Vaccine. Nov. 7, 2003; 21(31) 4597-4603.
- Jefferson T, Price D, Demicheli V et al. Unintended events following immunization with MMR: a systematic review. Vaccine. 2003 Sep 8; 21(25-26):3954-60.
- Black C, Kaye, JA, Jick H MMR vaccine and idiopathic thrombocytopaenic purpura Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2003 Jan; 55(1): 107–111.
- Singh VK, Jensen RL. Elevated levels of measles antibodies in children with autism. Pediatr Neurol. 2003 Apr; 28(4):292-4.
- Geier, MR., Geier DA. Pediatric MMR vaccination safety. Int Pediatr. 2003;18(2):203-208.
- Singh VK, Lin SX, Newell E et al. Abnormal measles-mumps-rubella antibodies and CNS autoimmunity in children with autism. J Biomed Sci. 2002 Jul-Aug; 9(4):359-64.
- Bjornstad ON, Finkenstadt BF, Grenfell BT. Dynamics of Measles Epidemics: Estimating Scaling of Transmission Rates Using a Time Series SIR Model.
Ecol Monogr 2002. 72(2), 169-184.
- D'Souza RM, D'Souza R. Vitamin A for treating measles in children. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2002;(1):CD001479.
- Aaby P, Cisse B, Simondon F, et al. Waning of Vaccine-Induced Immunity: Is It a Problem in Africa? Am J Epidemiol Feb 15,1999; 149 (4) 304-305
- Whittle HC, Aaby P, Samb B, et al. Effect of Subclinical Infection on Maintaining Immunity Against Measles in Vaccinated Children in West Africa. Lancet. Jan. 9, 1999; 353 (9147), 98-102
- Davidkin I, Valle M, Peltola H, et al. Etiology of Measles- and Rubella-Like Illnesses in Measles, Mumps, and Rubella-Vaccinated Children. J Infect Dis. 1998. 178(6): 1567-1570.
- Nabe-Nielsen J, Walter B. Unilateral total deafness as a complication of the measles-mumps-rubella vaccination. Scand Audiol Suppl. 1988; 30:69-70.
- Shaheen SO, Barker DJP, Heyes CB, et al. Measles and Atopy in Guinea-Bissau. Lancet June 1996. 347(9018) 1792-1796.
- Harbige L. Nutrition and Immunity with Emphasis on Infection and Autoimmune Disease. Nutr Health 1996; 10(4).
- Stewart BJ, Prabhu PU, Reports of sensorineural deafness after measles, mumps, and rubella immunisation. Arch Dis Child. 1993 Jul; 69(1): 153–154.
- Fawzi WW, Chalmers TC, Herrera MG et al. Vitamin A supplementation and child mortality. A meta-analysis. JAMA. 1993 Feb 17; 269(7):898-903.
- Alves RS, Barbosa ER, Scaff M. Postvaccinal parkinsonism. Mov Disord. 1992; 7(2):178-80.
- Chen RT, Goldbaum GM, Wassilak SG et al. An explosive point-source measles outbreak in a highly vaccinated population. Modes of transmission and risk factors for disease. Am J Epidemiol. 1989 Jan;129(1):173-82.
- Chakravarti VS, Lingam S. Measles induced remission of psoriasis. Ann Trop Paediatr. 1986 Dec;6(4):293-4.
- Sasco AJ, Paffenbarger RS Jr. Measles infection and Parkinson's disease. Am J Epidemiol. 1985 Dec;122(6):1017-31.
- Gairdner D A notable case of nephrosis. Arch Dis Child. 1978 May; 53(5): 363–365.
- Grose C., Spigland I. Guillain-Barre Syndrome Following Administration of Live Measles Vaccine. Am J Med. 1976 Mar; 60(3):441-3.
- Baratta RO, Ginter MC, Price MA et al. Measles (rubeola) in previously immunized children. Pediatrics. 1970 Sep;46(3):397-402.
- Press Trust of India 25 school children in Assam fall ill after measles vaccination: Officials Hindustan Times 8, 2018
- Yueng J Samoa pulls MMR vaccine after two babies die CNN 10, 2018
- HT Correspondent 13 children suffer MR vaccination reaction in Bathinda Hindustan Times May 8, 2018
- Kimutai G Child dies, four admitted to hospital after measles vaccine Standard Digital Jan 18, 2018
- Solomon L Lawrence Solomon: The untold story of measles Financial Post 16, 2014
- Solomon L I'm No Anti-Vaxxer, But the Measles Vaccine Can't Prevent Outbreaks Huffpost Canada 6, 2014
- Attkisson S. CDC Responds to Allegation it Omitted Vaccine-Autism Study Link Aug 28, 2014
- Health Impact News. Six Lies Mainstream Media is Printing about Kenneth Copeland Church and Measles Outbreak – Here’s the Truth. Sept. 3, 2013
- Press Association. MMR Row: High Court Rules Doctor Should Not Have Been Struck Off. The Guardian. Mar. 7, 2012.
- IRINNews.org. Yemen: Surge in Measles Deaths. Mar. 5, 2012.
- Nagarajan R. 26 Measles Vaccine Deaths in 3 Years, No Investigative Report Yet. The Times of India. May 1, 2011.
- Business Wire. National Vaccine Information Center Cites “Betrayal” of Consumers by Giving Total Liability Shield to Big Pharma. Feb. 23, 2011.
- CBS-TV “The Doctors” (2008) With Barbara Loe Fisher. 2008.
- ABC-TV News (2000): MMR Vaccine & Autism. 2000.
- Melkie J. Rise in mumps cases linked to waning immunity given by MMR vaccine. The Guardian Jul 4, 2013.
- Klicka C. Decisions of the United States Supreme Court Upholding Parental Rights as “Fundamental”. Home School Legal Defense Association Oct. 27, 2003
- Thomas H. Roberts & Associations P.C. Civil Rights & Personal Injury Law Firm. Parental Right to Refuse Medical Treatment. June 17, 2005.
- Mercola J. Girls Given this Vitamin at Birth May Be 41 Percent More Likely to Die. May 26, 2011.
- Mercola J. Twins Die Minutes after Measles Vaccine. Oct. 13, 2010.
Physicians For Informed Consent – Measles
World Health Organization
IMPORTANT NOTE: NVIC encourages you to become fully informed about Measles and the Measles vaccine by reading all sections in the Table of Contents, which contain many links and resources such as the manufacturer product information inserts, and to speak with one or more trusted health care professionals before making a vaccination decision for yourself or your child. This information is for educational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice.
« Return to Vaccines & Diseases Table of Contents