Additional Bibliography of References
Manufacturer Product Information Inserts:
World Health Organization
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
Selected Media Articles
- Krishner Goodman C Patterns emerge in the way Hepatitis A is spreading in Florida South Florida Sun Sentinel 24, 2019
- Ungar L, Kenning C, Kentucky’s ‘too low and and too slow’ response to nation’s worst hepatitis A outbreak Louisville Courier-Journal 27, 2019
- CBS4 WEB Vaccinations given in Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio may be causing infections, officials warn CBS 2, 2019
- WKYT News Staff Health department says Kentucky-based vaccine provider caused infections WKYT 1, 2019
- Jefferson, RS. FDA Approves New Drug For Hepatitis A And Measles Exposure. Sept. 12, 2018
- Gill, J Hepatitis A cases in Nashville grows to nearly 120, health dept. urging people to get vaccinated. NBC News 4 - WSMV. 11, 2018
- Associated Press. County's Hepatitis A Outbreak Appears to Be Past Its Peak. S. News & World Report. Sept. 27, 2018
- Mills, C Hepatitis A lingers in Louisville, but southern Indiana's outbreak has slowed. com. Oct. 4, 2018
- Ross, K 104 cases of Hepatitis A reported in Butler County. Sept. 20, 2018
- Walker, M. Outbreak-Related Hep A Infections on the Rise - 2017 data showed dramatic increases. Oct. 7, 2018
- Gould L, Kline J, Monahan C, Vierk K. Outbreaks of Disease Associated with Food Imported into the United States, 1996–2014. Emerg Infect Dis. 2017;23(3):525-528
- Ly KN, Klevens, RM, Trends in disease and complications of hepatitis A virus infection in the United States, 1999-2011: a new concern for adults. J Infect Dis.2015 Jul 15;212(2):176-82.
- Jariwala S, Vernon N, Shliozberg J. Henoch-Schönlein purpura after hepatitis A vaccination. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2011 Aug;107(2):180-1.
- O'Leary ST, Glanz JM, McClure DL et al, The risk of immune thrombocytopenic purpura after vaccination in children and adolescents. Pediatrics. 2012 Feb;129(2):248-55
- Huber S, Kappos L, Fuhr P, et al. Combined acute disseminated encephalomyelitis and acute motor axonal neuropathy after vaccination for hepatitis A and infection with Campylobacter jejuni. J Neurol. 1999 Dec;246(12):1204-6.
- Huang EHZ , Lim SA, Lim PL et al. Retrobulbar optic neuritis after Hepatitis A vaccination in a HIV-infected patient Eye (Lond). 2009 Dec;23(12):2267-71
IMPORTANT NOTE: NVIC encourages you to become fully informed about Hepatitis A and the Hepatitis A vaccine by reading all sections in the Table of Contents, which contain many links and resources such as the manufacturer product information inserts, and to speak with one or more trusted health care professionals before making a vaccination decision for yourself or your child. This information is for educational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice.
« Return to Hepatitis A Table of Contents
« Return to Vaccines & Diseases Table of Contents