Selected Medical Literature & Resources Related to Rotavirus
- Markkula J, Hemming-Harlo M, Savolainen-Kopra C et al. Continuing rotavirus circulation in children and adults despite high coverage rotavirus vaccination in Finland. J Infect January 2020; 80(1):76-83.
- Pöyhönen L, Bustamante J, Casanova JL et al. Life-Threatening Infections Due to Live-Attenuated Vaccines: Early Manifestations of Inborn Errors of Immunity. J Clin Immunol May 2019;39(4):376-390.
- Soares-Weiser K, Bergman H, Henschke N. Vaccines for preventing rotavirus diarrhoea: vaccines in use. Cochrane Database Syst Rev March 2019; 3:CD008521.
- Burke RM, Tate JE, Barin N. et al. Three Rotavirus Outbreaks in the Postvaccine Era — California, 2017. MMWR Apr. 27, 2018; 67(16):470-472.
- Hoque SA, Kobayashi M, Takanashi S et al. Role of rotavirus vaccination on an emerging G8P rotavirus strain causing an outbreak in central Japan. Vaccine. Jan. 2018; 36(1):43-49.
- Velázquez FR, Colindres RE, Grajales C et al. Postmarketing surveillance of intussusception following mass introduction of the attenuated human rotavirus vaccine in Mexico. Pediatr Infect Dis J July 2012; 31(7):736-44.
- Rha B, Tate JE, Weintraub E et al. Intussusception following rotavirus vaccination: an updated review of the available evidence. Expert Rev Vaccine November 2014; 13(11):1339-48.
- Hsieh YC, Wu FT, Hsiung CA. Comparison of virus shedding after lived attenuated and pentavalent reassortant rotavirus vaccine. Vaccine February 2014; 32(10):1199-204.
- Soares-Weiser K, Maclehose H, Bergman H et al. Vaccines for preventing rotavirus diarrhoea: vaccines in use. Cochrane Database Syst Rev November 2012; 11:CD008521.
- Donato CM, Ch'ng LS, Boniface KF et al. Identification of strains of RotaTeq rotavirus vaccine in infants with gastroenteritis following routine vaccination. J Infect Dis August 2012; 206(3):377-83.
- Correia JB, Patel MM, Nakagomi O, et al. Effectiveness of monovalent rotavirus vaccine (Rotarix) against severe diarrhea caused by serotypically unrelated G2P strains in Brazil. J Infect Dis 2010; 201(3):363–369.
- Patel NC, Hertel PM, Estes MK et al. Vaccine-acquired rotavirus in infants with severe combined immunodeficiency. N Engl J Med January 2010;362(4):314-9.
- Geier DA, King PG, Sykes LK, et al. RotaTeq vaccine adverse events and policy considerations. Med Sci Monit 2008; 14(3):PH9–PH16.
- Haber P, Chen RT et al. An Analysis of Rotavirus Vaccine Reports: More Than Intussusception Alone? Pediatrics 2005; 113(4): e353-e359.
- Sansom SL, Barker L et al. Rotavirus Vaccine and Intussusception: How Much Risk Will Parents in the United States Accept to Obtain Vaccine Benefits? American Journal of Epidemiology December 2001; 154 (11): 1077-1085.
IMPORTANT NOTE: NVIC encourages you to become fully informed about rotavirus and rotavirus vaccines by reading all sections in the Table of Contents, which contain many links and resources such as the manufacturer product information inserts, and to speak with one or more trusted health care professionals before making a vaccination decision for yourself or your child. This information is for educational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice.
« Return to Vaccines & Diseases Table of Contents