Welcome to our press room! We hope that you find the background information about NVIC helpful, as well as the recent news posted here and links to our news archives. To contact our organization regarding interviews or speaking engagements, please call us at 703-938-0342.
BRIEF BACKGROUND: The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) is a national charitable, non-profit organization founded in 1982 dedicated to reducing vaccine injury and deaths through public education. We support the availability of all preventive health care options, including vaccines, and the right of consumers to make educated, voluntary health care choices. NVIC also promotes and funds research to evaluate vaccine safety and effectiveness, as well as to identify factors which place individuals at high risk for suffering vaccine reactions; and monitors vaccine research, development, regulation, policy-making and legislation. NVIC has long been recognized as the leading consumer voice on vaccine safety concerns. To learn more about our mission and accomplishments, please visit our About Us page.
- Press Release: National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) and Mercola.com Offer Film Viewings, Question Live Virus Vaccine Risks, Ebola Facts and Vaccine Mandates During Vaccine Awareness Week, Nov. 8 – 15, 2014
- Childhood Immunizations - Mississippi ranks near the top for vaccination compliance among Kindergarten age children. Mississippi Public Broadcasting representative and Barbara Loe Fisher discuss. Mississippi Public Radio, Oct. 28, 2014.
- Dr. James Tracy Interviews Barbara Loe Fisher - Are parents deprived of their right to informed consent, or bullied into vaccine decisions? Dr. James Tracy and Barbara discuss. Real Politik, Oct. 1, 2014.
- Are Vaccines Safe? - Pediatrician Dr. Larry Palevsky Interviews Barbara Loe Fisher. Fearless Parent, Sept. 24, 2014.
- Press Release: National Vaccine Information Center Calls Removal of Vaccine Safety Oversight from U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) - NVIC renews its long-standing call for oversight of vaccine safety to be removed from DHHS, which is responsible for vaccine development, regulation, policymaking, promotion and serves as a legal respondent in faccine injury claims, after a senior scientist at the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) issued a public statement on Aug. 27, 2014 admitting he and CDC co-authors of a MMR vaccine safety study published in 2004 in Pediatrics “omitted statistically significant information” and that “the final study protocol was not followed.” Business Wire Sep. 2, 2014
- Back to School Vaccines: What Parents Need to Know - Barbara Loe Fisher, president of the National Vaccine Information Center, speaks with host Jim Schneider about important questions to ask before back to shool vaccinations. VCY America Radio. August 20, 2014.
Click News & Media Coverage
and Press Release Archives
to read additional media reports including NVIC's perspective and more NVIC press releases.