Welcome to our press room! We hope that you find the background information about NVIC helpful, as well as the recent news posted here and links to our news archives. To contact our organization regarding interviews or speaking engagements, please call us at 703-938-0342.
BRIEF BACKGROUND: The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) is a national charitable, non-profit organization founded in 1982 dedicated to reducing vaccine injury and deaths through public education. We support the availability of all preventive health care options, including vaccines, and the right of consumers to make educated, voluntary health care choices. NVIC also promotes and funds research to evaluate vaccine safety and effectiveness, as well as to identify factors which place individuals at high risk for suffering vaccine reactions; and monitors vaccine research, development, regulation, policy-making and legislation. NVIC has long been recognized as the leading consumer voice on vaccine safety concerns. To learn more about our mission and accomplishments, please visit our About Us page.
- Kids and Vaccines in Spotlight at State Capitol - The CO Bill (HB1288) that would require parents filing a personal belief vaccine exemption for their children to receive state-approved vaccine education and also require daycare facilities and schools to publicly release information about the percentage of students at the school with vaccine exemptions. CBS News (Denver). Feb. 20, 2014
- Fighting Forced Vaccination in America in 2014: 58 Bills in 24 States Threaten Right to Refuse Vaccines. - Health Impact News republished an article written by NVIC Director of Advocacy Dawn Richardson for the Feb. 12, 2014 NVIC Newsletter that summarizes bills introduced in many different state legislatures to mandate vaccines and eliminate or restrict vaccine exemptions. Health Impact News. Feb. 19, 2014
- Battle Over Vaccinations Thrives in States With High Exemptions - Jon Schuppe discusses how the vast majority of parents follow vaccination recommendations, but a vocal minority of skeptics keeps the debate alive. NBC Connecticut. Feb. 5, 2014
- Debate in Colorado Grows Over Child Vaccinations - A radio interview and debate was moderated by Colorado NPR host Meghna Chakrabarti with NPR reporter Megan Verlee; Rachel Herlihy, CO Dept. of Health; Stephanie Wasserman, CO Children's Immunization Coalition and Theresa Wrangham, NVIC Executive Director. WBUR Radio. Jan. 20, 2014
- Colorado Health Organizations Recommend Making It Hard to Opt Out of Vaccinations - Public health officials and medical trade groups in Colorado are lobbying to change the personal belief vaccine exemption. A recent "stakeholder" report on vaccine exemptions recommends that parents be required to receive state-approved vaccine "education" before being allowed to file a personal belief exemption. Summit Daily. Jan. 12, 2014
Click News & Media Coverage
and Press Release Archives
to read additional media reports including NVIC's perspective and more NVIC press releases.