Welcome to our press room! We hope that you find the background information about NVIC helpful, as well as the recent news posted here and links to our news archives. To contact our organization regarding interviews or speaking engagements, please call us at 703-938-0342.
BRIEF BACKGROUND: The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) is a national charitable, non-profit organization founded in 1982 dedicated to reducing vaccine injury and deaths through public education. We support the availability of all preventive health care options, including vaccines, and the right of consumers to make educated, voluntary health care choices. NVIC also promotes and funds research to evaluate vaccine safety and effectiveness, as well as to identify factors which place individuals at high risk for suffering vaccine reactions; and monitors vaccine research, development, regulation, policy-making and legislation. NVIC has long been recognized as the leading consumer voice on vaccine safety concerns. To learn more about our mission and accomplishments, please visit our About Us page.
- Whooping Cough Is Making A Comeback, Here's Why - There is much controversy surrounding the recent reports of whooping cough, especially in California. A number of high-profile individuals have spoken out against the recommendations for having children vaccinated, including, most recently, Donald Trump. Deseret News. Oct. 1, 2014
- Dr. James Tracy Interviews Barbara Loe Fisher - Are parents deprived of their right to informed consent, or bullied into vaccine decisions? Dr. James Tracy and Barbara discuss. Real Politik, Oct. 1, 2014.
- Last Thing Vaccine Makers Want Is Study - If the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the government would conduct a long overdue study comparing the health of vaccinated children with unvaccinated children, much of the controversy surrounding this issue could disappear. One must ask: Why hasn’t this been done? Baltimore Jewish Times. Sept. 30, 2014
- Hollywood's Vaccine Wars: L.A.’s "Entitled" Westsiders Behind City’s Epidemic - Vaccination rates are plummeting at top Hollywood schools, from Malibu to Beverly Hills, from John Thomas Dye to Turning Point, where affluent, educated parents are opting out in shocking numbers as an outbreak of potentially fatal whooping cough threatens L.A. like “wildfire”. The Hollywood Reporter. Sep. 10, 2014.
- A Shot of Knowledge - What vaccines are right? Which immunization is for who? Are there conditions that make them less safe? Hagerstown Magazine. Sep./Oct. 2014.
- Plunge in kindergartners' vaccination rate worries health officials - With parents opting out of vaccinating kindergarteners at twice the rate of seven years ago, health officials are worried. Parents deciding not to vaccinate are driven by a movement to question the safety of vaccines. Los Angeles Times. Sep. 8, 2014.
- Press Release: National Vaccine Information Center Calls Removal of Vaccine Safety Oversight from U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) - NVIC renews its long-standing call for oversight of vaccine safety to be removed from DHHS, which is responsible for vaccine development, regulation, policymaking, promotion and serves as a legal respondent in faccine injury claims, after a senior scientist at the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) issued a public statement on Aug. 27, 2014 admitting he and CDC co-authors of a MMR vaccine safety study published in 2004 in Pediatrics “omitted statistically significant information” and that “the final study protocol was not followed.” Business Wire Sep. 2, 2014
- Back to School Vaccines: Know the Risks and Failures - Unlike children in Canada and the European Union our children must get dozens of doses of vaccines or they can't get a public school education. Learn how to identify vaccine reactions, and protect your right to informed consent. Mercola Newsletter. August 26, 2014.
- Jon Rappaport: Advice for the Secret CDC Vaccine Whistleblower - The CDC research scientist who was part of the team who suppressed data showing a clear connection between the MMR vaccine and autism has had 10 years to consider how to go public. Will he come forward and share his knowledge to make a positive impact on informed consent? The Daily Sheeple. August 22, 2014.
- Back to School Vaccines: What Parents Need to Know - Barbara Loe Fisher, president of the National Vaccine Information Center, speaks with host Jim Schneider about important questions to ask before back to shool vaccinations. VCY America Radio. August 20, 2014.
Click News & Media Coverage
and Press Release Archives
to read additional media reports including NVIC's perspective and more NVIC press releases.