Welcome to our press room! We hope that you find the background information about NVIC helpful, as well as the recent news posted here and links to our news archives. To contact our organization regarding interviews or speaking engagements, please call us at 703-938-0342.
BRIEF BACKGROUND: The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) is a national charitable, non-profit organization founded in 1982 dedicated to reducing vaccine injury and deaths through public education. We support the availability of all preventive health care options, including vaccines, and the right of consumers to make educated, voluntary health care choices. NVIC also promotes and funds research to evaluate vaccine safety and effectiveness, as well as to identify factors which place individuals at high risk for suffering vaccine reactions; and monitors vaccine research, development, regulation, policy-making and legislation. NVIC has long been recognized as the leading consumer voice on vaccine safety concerns. To learn more about our mission and accomplishments, please visit our About Us page.
NVIC Recent Press Releases
Click Press Release Archives to read additional press releases.
- NVIC PRESS RELEASE: NVIC Calls for Repeal of 1986 National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act during 2015 Vaccine Awareness Week - “The 1986 National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act is a failed experiment in tort reform and should be repealed so vaccine manufacturers are held fully accountable in a civil court of law for product safety,” said NVIC co-founder and president Barbara Loe Fisher. NVIC co-founder and vice president Kathi Williams, added, “In good faith, parents of vaccine injured children worked with Congress on the 1986 National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act. Today, most children getting government mandated vaccines are denied vaccine injury compensation and the vaccine safety informing, reporting, recording and research provisions that NVIC secured in the law are not being enforced. The system is broken beyond repair.”
- NVIC PRESS RELEASE: NVIC Questions FDA Fast Tracking of Squalene Adjuvanted Flu Vaccine: During the Sept. 15, 2015 meeting of the FDA's advisory committee on vaccines, Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee (VRBPAC), the committee voted to fast-track licensure of the MF59 adjuvanted Fluad influenza vaccine. "Why does Fluad need to be fast tracked to licensure for the elderly without additional evidence? There is public concern that fast tracking Fluad is really about fast tracking MF59 to licensure so it can be added to lots of new vaccines targeting infants, pregnant women and every American without adequate evidence for safety or effectiveness.” stated NVIC's President and Cofounder, Barbara Loe Fisher. September 16, 2015.
- NVIC PRESS RELEASE: 21st Century Cures Act Eliminates Good Vaccine Safety Science: This proposed legislation is sailing through Congress and would provide people with life threatening conditions access to experimental drugs that may cure their condition. However, it will also negatively impact vaccine safety research. "Congress should not be greasing the skids to license experimental vaccines that government will recommend and legally require healthy children and adults to use. It is a prescription for disaster.” stated NVIC's President and Cofounder, Barbara Loe Fisher. July 22, 2015.
- NVIC PRESS RELEASE: New California Law Threatens Human and Civil Rights in America. Following the June 29, 2015 enactment by Governor Jerry Brown of a California law eliminating the legal right for parents enrolling children in school to exercise vaccine exemptions for religious and conscientious beliefs, the non-profit National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) is urging citizens in every state to act to protect the human right to informed consent to medical risk taking in America. In violation of the California Constitution, the new law denies children the civil right to a school education unless they prove they have gotten multiple doses of 10 federally recommended vaccines or a medical doctor grants a medical vaccine exemption. July 1, 2015.
Click News & Media Coverage Archives to read additional media reports from earlier in the year.
- Vaccinating moms to protect babies . The influenza and Tdap vaccines are already recommended for pregnant women by the CDC and new vaccines, including genetically engineered vaccines, targeting pregnant women are being developed. Discussions at a recent FDA vaccine advisory committee meeting indicated those new vaccines likely will be fast tracked to licensure. In this article,Richard Gorman, MD, associate director of the NIH Division of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, said vaccines to be studied in pregnant women (1) ideally should have had undergone preclinical studies and reproductive toxicology testing to demonstrate no fetal toxicology; and (2) should have been tested in Phase I and II clinical trials in non-pregnant healthy adults to provide guidance on dosage, safety, and immunogenicity. "After the [FDA] committee had discussed other factors surrounding maternal vaccination, Vicky Pebsworth, PhD, RN, director of patient safety at the National Vaccine Information Center, said she had never seen a more complex topic in her years on the committee, indicating the day was a tsunami of ethically complex and terrifying questions." Contemporary Pediatrics. Jan 8, 2016.
- Vaccines: Threads of Corruption . Radio host Tony Rango and attorney Alan Phillips discuss the VICP and the importance of citizen action. Tony Rango said, "I would point listeners to the National Vaccine Information Center, NVIC.org. Go there and you can get information about what is happening in your state..." Alan Phillips said, "They (NVIC) have what they call their Advocacy Portal and they have really streamlined the process. You can go to this website and sign up. And if you choose to join and give them your mailing address information, the software will tell you who your representatives are and what their phone numbers and addresses are." Guns & Butter. Dec 30, 2015.
- Texas CPS Visits Home of Mom Who Hosted 'Chickenpox Party' . In this article Texas mom Amanda Witt said she did not break the law and that the visit by the Texas CPS left her feeling "bullied and victimized." "NVIC's Barbara Low (sic) Fisher is quoted as saying, " If the State can tag, track down and force citizens against their will to be injected with biological products of known and unknown toxicity today, there will be no limit on which individual freedoms the State can take away in the name of the greater good tomorrow," Breitbart News. Dec 21, 2015.
- Healthy Alternatives to Vaccination: New Podcasts. Nancy Tarlow, D.C. has created podcasts sharing information about making informed health choices, including options for alternatives to vaccination. Dr. Tarlow interviewed Barbara Loe Fisher about vaccine risks and failures. Dec 10, 2015.
- Children's Healthcare Is a Legal Duty in the Spotlight . An Age of Autism reader compares the response of a former member of the Christian Science church, whose toddler son died of meningitis in 1983, and the response of Barbara Loe Fisher, whose toddler son was injured by DPT vaccine. "Instead of blindly accepting dogma, Barbara Loe Fisher has been steadfast in her intelligent, level headed examination of the science and has sought legislation based on the science and ethics that is wise, well reasoned and compatible with what one would expect to find in a democracy and a free society that values human and civil rights, and the sanctity of the parent-child relationship within the family, which is at the core and foundation of any healthy society." Age of Autism. Nov. 23, 2015.