Welcome to our press room! We hope that you find the background information about NVIC helpful, as well as the recent news posted here and links to our news archives. To contact our organization regarding interviews or speaking engagements, please call us at 703-938-0342.
BRIEF BACKGROUND: The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) is a national charitable, non-profit organization founded in 1982 dedicated to reducing vaccine injury and deaths through public education. We support the availability of all preventive health care options, including vaccines, and the right of consumers to make educated, voluntary health care choices. NVIC also promotes and funds research to evaluate vaccine safety and effectiveness, as well as to identify factors which place individuals at high risk for suffering vaccine reactions; and monitors vaccine research, development, regulation, policy-making and legislation. NVIC has long been recognized as the leading consumer voice on vaccine safety concerns. To learn more about our mission and accomplishments, please visit our About Us page.
- Press Release: National Vaccine Information Center Calls for U.S. Vaccine Policy and Law Reform to Protect Human and Civil Rights - NVIC announces the launching of a national campaign to secure vaccine safety and informed consent protections in state vaccine policies and laws to protect the right to get an education, hold a job, receive health insurance and medical care, enter a hospital or nursing home and function in society without being required to get every government recommended vaccine. Business Wire. May 21, 2014.
- Three Things New Vaccine Law Will Do and One It Won't - A public radio report on the final version of Colorado House Bill 1288, which is described as "lightening rod legislation" that remains controversial. NVIC Executive Director Theresa Wrangham is interviewed along with representatives from Colorado Children's Immunization Coalition and Vaccinate for Healthy Schools, two groups associated with drug companies and government that aggressively lobbied for the bill to require parents to get a doctor's signature or receive state vaccine "education" before filing a personal belief exemption. Colorado Public Radio. May 6, 2014.
- Vaccines Cause Children More Adverse Reactions Than Any Other Drug - Annually, more than a half million U.S. children have adverse drug reactions (ADRs) that require treatment in emergency rooms and clinics. Mercola Newsletter. April 26, 2014.
- Mumps Outbreak in Ohio - There are 199 reported cases of mumps in Ohio this year in areas with a 90% to 98% vaccination rate among children. Outbreaks in highly vaccinated populations should also prompt other questions, including the possibility of waning immunity and vaccine effectiveness.Columbus Dispatch. April 13, 2014.
- Kids and Vaccines in Spotlight at State Capitol - The CO Bill (HB1288) that would require parents filing a personal belief vaccine exemption for their children to receive state-approved vaccine education and also require daycare facilities and schools to publicly release information about the percentage of students at the school with vaccine exemptions. CBS News (Denver). Feb. 20, 2014
- Fighting Forced Vaccination in America in 2014: 58 Bills in 24 States Threaten Right to Refuse Vaccines. - Health Impact News republished an article written by NVIC Director of Advocacy Dawn Richardson for the Feb. 12, 2014 NVIC Newsletter that summarizes bills introduced in many different state legislatures to mandate vaccines and eliminate or restrict vaccine exemptions. Health Impact News. Feb. 19, 2014
Click News & Media Coverage
and Press Release Archives
to read additional media reports including NVIC's perspective and more NVIC press releases.