Volunteer Opportunity - St. Louis Conference Exhibitor Assistant
Short-Term Commitment, Deadline August 31st!
Hello St. Louis! The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) is asking for St. Louis readers to help us out in manning an exhibitor table at the upcoming US Autism & Asperger Association (USAAA) Conference being held on October 1-3, 2010.
Description: Under the supervision of NVIC’s Executive Director, Theresa Wrangham, man NVIC’s exhibitor table at the USAAA Conference in St. Louis, Missouri.
Volunteer Commitment Information: We need 2 volunteers to attend a 90 minute orientation on September 30th and man our exhibitor table during breaks and conference registration on October 1st-3rd, 2010. This position requires the volunteer to travel to the conference location. NVIC will provide a conference pass to successful applicants. Travel and accommodations are the volunteer’s responsibility. The conference will be held at the Hilton St. Louis Airport Hotel and discuss new autism treatment regimes and effective therapies never before presented to the public. Additional information on the conference can be found at www.usautism.org.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibilities include keeping NVIC materials available to conference attendees,
- Answer basic questions and/or refer them to NVIC Executive Director (will be onsite).
- Signing people up for NVIC’s free e-newsletter.
- Already an NVIC e-newsletter subscriber and lives in St. Louis area;
- Understands NVIC’s Mission & Vision;
- Fluent in English;
- Is friendly and able to work well with the public;
- High school diploma or the GED equivalency;
- Is able to commit to all dates and other requirements outlined in Commitment Information (above).