The Facts on Colorado HB 14-1288
Mandated Vaccine Education & Personal Belief Vaccine Exemption
Posted Date: August 27, 2015
Below are links to information on topics addressed by this video. The video above can be viewed in full screen mode. View
NVIC's committee testimony.
- Known vaccine risks - Source: U.S. Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) Vaccine Injury Table and Vaccine Safety Reports by the Institute of Medicine (IOM) (scroll down for IOM links)
- Federal vaccine injury awards - Source: U.S. VICP Data & Statistics
- Federal vaccine information requirements - Source: National Childhood Vaccine Injury Compensation Act of 1986; Vaccine Information (42 U.S.C. §§ 300aa-26)
- Vaccine Information Statements - Sources: CDC, National Vaccine Information Center, Immunization Action Coalition, Institute for Vaccine Safety, American Academy of Pediatrics, Colorado Children's Immunization Coalition, Western State Colorado University, Pike's Peak Area Council of Government, Clinic of Pueblo Colorado, University of Colorado, WebMD, Wikipedia - there are simply too many websites and locations to list and these are just a sample from a Google search.
- Unknown Vaccine Risks Statements -
HHS National Vaccine Advisory Committee White Paper on the U.S. Vaccine Safety System - In 60% of 30 vaccine injury causality assessments since 2001, the IOM "inadequate evidence to make a determination" on causality. U.S. HHS-NVPO IOM Causality Assessments, Sept. 2011, pgs 17 & 43
Adverse Effects of Vaccines: Evidence and Causality
– The Institute of Medicine (IOM) reviewed the epidemiological, clinical, and biological evidence regarding 158 of the most commonly reported adverse health events associated with 8 childhood vaccines and for 85%, or 135, of these events the IOM was prevented from determining causality due to either an absence of science, or the lack of quality science. Committee to Review Adverse Effects of Vaccines, Institute of Medicine " Summary." Adverse Effects of Vaccines: Evidence and Causality. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2012 .
Clips of bill sponsor Representative Pabon, and bill opponent Representative Saine were captured from The Colorado Channel
during the 3rd reading of the bill in the House.
Learn more about protecting vaccine choice at NVIC's Advocacy Portal
Copyright 1982-2022 National Vaccine Information Center. All Rights Reserved.
21525 Ridgetop Circle, Suite 100 Sterling, VA 20166