News & Media Reports
News & Media Coverage Archives Press Release Archives
Welcome to our press room! We hope that you find the background information about NVIC helpful, as well as the recent news posted here and links to our news archives. For requests related to Barbara Loe Fisher speaking at a conference, please submit the request in writing to SpeakerRequest@nvic.org. For urgent requests for interviews from newspapers or broadcast media, please call 703-938-0342. For all other interview requests, please submit them in writing to PressRequest@nvic.org.
BRIEF BACKGROUND: The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) is a national charitable, non-profit organization founded in 1982 dedicated to reducing vaccine injury and deaths through public education. We support the availability of all preventive health care options, including vaccines, and the right of consumers to make educated, voluntary health care choices. NVIC also promotes and funds research to evaluate vaccine safety and effectiveness, as well as to identify factors which place individuals at high risk for suffering vaccine reactions; and monitors vaccine research, development, regulation, policy-making and legislation. NVIC has long been recognized as the leading consumer voice on vaccine safety concerns. To learn more about our mission and accomplishments, please visit our About Us page.
NVIC Recent Press Releases
Click Press Release Archives to read additional press releases.
Click News & Media Coverage Archives to read additional media reports from earlier in the year.
- Moderna to Ask FDA to Authorize Vaccine for Children as Young as 6 Months – The Moderna COVID-19 vaccine was noted as having an effectivness below the 50 percent threshold deemed acceptable by the FDA, with an effectivness rate between 37.5 to 43.7 percent in young children and infants. NVIC’s Barbara Loe Fisher said “To convince parents of children as young as six months old to allow their children to be injected with Moderna’s mRNA COVID-19 vaccine, the company is going to have to do a lot more than claim a woefully inadequate 37 to 43 percent efficacy when COVID disease is either asymptomatic or very mild for the majority of young children”. Zachary Stieber, The Epoch Times Mar 23, 2022.
- Covid Shots, Children & SMART Health Cards – During this podcast interview by Jim Schnieder, NVIC’s Barbara Loe Fisher noted for listeners current FDA meetings schedule for approval of COVID-19 vaccines for young children and the potential for the SMART Health Card in use relating to these vaccines to be expanded beyond tracking the COVID-19 vaccination status of individuals. Crosstalk - VCY America, Mar 22, 2022.
- FDA Removes Document On Moderna Vaccine Approval From Website After Conservative Media Asks Questions – With the removal by the FDA of a document providing the public with insight into the decision to approve Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine, NVIC’s Barbara Loe Fisher stated the public has the right to review the evidence FDA is using to license new mRNA vaccines as safe and effective." She added, "Lack of transparency only fosters distrust in government agencies charged with protecting the public health," Fisher argued. "FDA should immediately release all information related to the incidence of myocarditis and other serious adverse events following mRNA COVID-19 vaccinations, whether that information has been provided to the agency by vaccine manufacturers or discovered through in-house analyses of additional data collected by federal officials." Olivia Cavallaro, Christianity Daily, Feb 5, 2022.
- California Missed a Chance to Protect Pandemic-Era Human Rights 4 Years Ago – In a news commentary, former California state senator John Moorlach noted the early efforts of NVIC in supporting parental and informed consent rights associated with vaccination and the need for legislation to protect these rights. John Moorlach, The Epoch Times, Jan 20, 2022.
- Wisconsin GOP bill would count prior COVID-19 infection as immunity – Reporting on state vaccine-related legislation in Wisconsin, noted NVIC’s legislative efforts and testimony on a Wisconsin bill for employers to recognize COVID-19 natural immunity as an alternative to vaccination and testing. Chloe Folmar, The Hill, Jan 11, 2022.
- CENSORED (but victorious): National Vaccine Information Center – Independent investigative journalist Sharyl Attkisson provided analysis on PayPal’s refusal to process donations made by citizens to the National Vaccine Information Center. The analysis also noted the pulling of strings to enable Big Tech to squash views that run counter to the narrative put forth by industry and government relating to vaccines. Sharyl Attkisson, Jan 3, 2022.