Explore FREE downloadable educational materials.
Read and report vaccine reactions, harassment and failures.
Bibliography and Resource Links
Bibliography & Resource LinksAdditional Resources
- NVIC Influenza Mini Guide
- Why Influenza Vaccine Mandates are Ineffective & Unwise Public Policy
- Influenza Deaths: The Hype vs. The Evidence, click here for more NVIC statements and commentaries.
- Video Profile of a Nurse Left Quadriplegic by Influenza Vaccine
- 2009 Pandemic H1N1 Influenza Vaccine Information
- Wolff GG. Influenza vaccination and respiratory virus interference among Department of Defense personnel during the 2017-2018 influenza season. Vaccine 2020;38(2):350-354.
- Ramsay LC, Buchan SA, Stirling RG, et al. The impact of repeated vaccination on influenza vaccine effectiveness: a systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC Med. Jan 10, 2019;17(1):9.
- Edmond MB Mandatory Flu Vaccine for Healthcare Workers: Not Worthwhile. Open Forum Infect Dis. Apr 17, 2019;6(4): ofy214.
- Yan J, Grantham M, Pantelic J, et al. Infectious virus in exhaled breath of symptomatic seasonal influenza cases from a college community. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. Jan 18, 2018;115(5):1081-1086.
- Biondi E.A , Aligne A.C, Flu Vaccine for All: A Critical Look at the Evidence. Medscape Pediatrics, Dec. 21, 2015.
- Osterholm M, Kelley N, Sommer A. et al. Efficacy and Effectiveness of Influenza Vaccines: a Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis Lancet Inf Dis Jan. 1, 2012; 12(1): 36-44.
- Enstone J. Influenza transmission and related infection control issues. Introduction to Pandemic Influenza (pp. 57-72). CABI 2010.
- Demicheli V, Jefferson T, Ferroni E. et al. Vaccines for preventing influenza in healthy adults. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews Feb. 1, 2018.
- Freed GL, Clark SJ. Butchart AT. et al. Parental Vaccine Safety Concerns in 2009. Pediatrics April 2010, 125 (4) 654-659.
- Jefferson T. Di Pietrantonj C. Debalini MG. et al. Relation of study quality, concordance, take home message, funding, and impact in studies of influenza vaccines; systematic review. BMJ 2009: 338: b354.
- Aledort TE, Lurie N. Wasserman J. et al. Non-pharmaceutical public health interventions for pandemic influenza: an evaluation of the evidence base. BMC Public Health 2007: 7(208).
- Jefferson T. Influenza vaccination: policy versus evidence. BMJ 2006;333:912
- King WD, Woolhandler SJ. Brown AF et al. BRIEF REPORT: Influenza Vaccination and Health Care Workers in the United States J Gen Intern Med. Feb 2006; 21(2): 181–184.
- Simonsen L, Clarke MJ, Schonberger LB, et al. Pandemic versus epidemic influenza mortality: a pattern of changing age distribution. J Infect Dis. Jul 1998;178(1):53-60.
- CBN - Just How Effective is the Flu Vaccine?— Nov 10, 2008 (Video/Article)
- ABC-TV News - N.J. Mandatory Flu Shots for Preschoolers Cause Outrage — Oct 16, 2008 (Article)
CNBC's "Closing Bell" (2005) - Pandemic Flu Vaccine Liability Protection
IMPORTANT NOTE:NVIC encourages you to become fully informed about Influenza and the Influenza vaccine by reading all sections in the Table of Contents, which contain many links and resources such as the manufacturer product information inserts, and to speak with one or more trusted health care professionals before making a vaccination decision for yourself or your child. This information is for educational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice.