Ask 8 Information Kiosk
Explore FREE downloadable educational materials.
Report Your Vaccine Experiences
Read and report vaccine reactions, harassment and failures.
Hib Bibliography & Resource Links
- Puliyel J, Naik P, Revised World Health Organization (WHO)’s causality assessment of adverse events following immunization—a critique Version 2. F1000Res. 2018; 7: 243.
- Puliyel J, Sathyamala C Infanrix hexa and sudden death: a review of the periodic safety update reports submitted to the European Medicines Agency. Indian J Med Ethics. 2018 Jan-Mar;3(1):43-47
- Puliyel J, Kaur J, Puliyel A, et al. Deaths reported after pentavalent vaccine compared with death reported after diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccine: An exploratory analysis Med J DY Patil Vidyapeeth 2018 May 18; 11(2) 99-105
- Langere JD, de Jonge MI Invasive Disease Caused by Nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae Emerg Infect Dis. 2015 Oct; 21(10): 1711–1718.
- Bamberger EE, Ben-Shimol S, Abu Raya B, et al. Pediatric invasive Haemophilus influenzae infections in Israel in the era of Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccine: a nationwide prospective study. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2014 May;33(5):477-81.
- Sreedhar S, Antony A, and Poulose N Study on the effectiveness and impact of pentavalent vaccination program in India and other south Asian countries Hum Vaccin Immunother. 2014 Jul 1; 10(7): 2062–2065.
- Amy Blain, Jessica MacNeil, Xin Wang, et al. Invasive Haemophilus influenzae Disease in Adults ≥65 Years, United States, 2011 Open Forum Infect Dis. 2014 Sep; 1(2): ofu044.
- Bergfors E, Hermansson G, Nyström Kronander U et al. How common are long-lasting, intensely itching vaccination granulomas and contact allergy to aluminium induced by currently used pediatric vaccines? A prospective cohort study. Eur J Pediatr. 2014 Oct;173(10):1297-307.
- Salimnia H, Lephart PR, Asmar BI, et al. Aerosolized Vaccine as an Unexpected Source of False-Positive Bordetella Pertussis PCR Results. J Clin Microbiol. 2012 Feb; 50(2): 472–474.
- Giufrè M, Cardines R, Caporali MG et al. Ten years of Hib vaccination in Italy: prevalence of non-encapsulated Haemophilus influenzae among invasive isolates and the possible impact on antibiotic resistance. Vaccine. 2011 May 17;29(22):3857-62
- Rubach MP, Bender JM, Mottice S et al. Increasing Incidence of Invasive Haemophilus influenzae Disease in Adults, Utah, USA Emerg Infect Dis. 2011 Sep; 17(9): 1645–1650.
- Bender JM, Cox CM, Mottice S, et al. Invasive Haemophilus influenzae disease in Utah children: an 11-year population-based study in the era of conjugate vaccine. Clin Infect Dis. 2010 Apr 1;50(7):e41-6
- Adam HJ, Richardson SE, Jamieson FB et al. Changing epidemiology of invasive Haemophilus influenzae in Ontario, Canada: evidence for herd effects and strain replacement due to Hib vaccination. Vaccine. 2010 May 28;28(24):4073-8
- Murphy TF, Faden H, Bakaletz LO, et al. Nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae as a pathogen in children. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2009 Jan;28(1):43-8
- McConnell A, Tan B, Scheifele D, et al. Invasive infections caused by haemophilus influenzae serotypes in twelve Canadian IMPACT centers, 1996-2001. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2007 Nov;26(11):1025-31.
- Zinka B, Rauch E, Buettner A, et al. Unexplained cases of sudden infant death shortly after hexavalent vaccination. Vaccine. 2006 Jul 26;24(31-32):5779-80.
- Millar EV, O'Brien KL, Watt JP, et al. Epidemiology of invasive Haemophilus influenzae type A disease among Navajo and White Mountain Apache children, 1988-2003. Clin Infect Dis. 2005 Mar 15;40(6):823-30.
- Sarangi J, Cartwright K ,Stuart J et al. Invasive Haemophilus influenzae disease in adults. Epidemiol Infect. 2000 Jun; 124(3): 441–447.
- Karnoven M, Cepaitis Z, Tuomilehto J. Association Between Type 1 Diabetes and haemophilus Influenzae Type b Vaccination: Birth Cohort Study. BMJ. May 1, 1999. 318(7192), 1169-1172.
- Urwin G, Krohn JA, Deaver-Robinson K, et al. Invasive disease due to Haemophilus influenzae serotype f: clinical and epidemiologic characteristics in the H. influenzae serotype b vaccine era. The Haemophilus influenzae Study Group. Clin Infect Dis. 1996 Jun; 22(6):1069-76.
- Adams WG, Deaver KA, Cochi SL, et al. Decline of Childhood Haemophilus Influenzae Type b (Hib) Disease in the Hib Vaccine Era. JAMA. 1993 Jan 13;269(2):221-6.
- Di Filippo E 'We've been in such shock': 35-year-old Canadian woman dies from rare bacterial infection Yahoo News Dec. 11, 2018
- Puliyel J ‘Vaccine killing children instead of protecting them' TSG Sunday Guardian Live Mar. 18, 2018
- Kennedy S. No recall for glass found in vaccines made in Monroe County. The Morning Call Dec. 10, 2016
- Express News Service More children died after getting Pentavalent vaccine than DPT, says study The New Indian Express Mar. 16, 2018
- Fierce Pharma FDA approves expanded use of GSK Hib vaccine from booster dose to full series Press Release Jan. 19, 2016
- Devraj R Doctors Resist Deadly Vaccine Inter Press Service News Agency Feb 8, 2014
- Varshney V. Vaccine Woes Continue. Down to Earth. March 12, 2012.
- Kaur R. Officials Push Five-in-One Vaccine. Down to Earth. July 31, 2010.
- Mann D. Hib Disease Increasing Among Adults. WebMD. Aug. 11, 2011
- Lavenda L. U.S. FDA Licenses Sanofi Pasteur's New Pediatric Combination Vaccine, Pentacel. Eurekalert. Jun. 23, 2008.
IMPORTANT NOTE: NVIC encourages you to become fully informed about Haemophilus Influenzae Type B (Hib) and the Hib vaccine by reading all sections in the Table of Contents, which contain many links and resources such as the manufacturer product information inserts, and to speak with one or more trusted health care professionals before making a vaccination decision for yourself or your child. This information is for educational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice.
Opens in new tab, window
Opens an external site
Opens an external site in new tab, window